Belt Three was published yesterday to riotous acclaim. Well, perhaps not riotous, but for a while it was #2 in Hot New Releases: Science Fiction: Space Opera on Amazon UK:
I know I shouldn’t become obsessed with Amazon rankings or read too much into them, but I will admit to being pretty pleased.
I have also popped up on a few corners of the internet to promote my book:
- A Big Idea post on John Scalzi’s blog, in which I talk about the worldbuilding of Belt Three.
- A post on the Harper Voyager blog, in which I give a run-down of the mechanical menaces that inspired Belt Three‘s Worldbreakers.
- An interview on book blog The Qwillery, in which I talk about my earliest SF stories, my attitude to hard SF, and my favourite one-line character description from Belt Three.
- Also on The Qwillery, Belt Three‘s cover is in the June 2015 Debut Author Challenge Cover Wars, so you can vote for it if you think it’s the best.
- And an interview on A.F.E. Smith’s Barren Island Books, in which I talk about some of my literary influences before I am banished to a barren island.
That is all for now! I’ll any news as it appears, but for the moment release day is over and I must return to my normal life.